Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Transforming moments

“It’s not what we do for a living that matters, not even the things we do in under the heading of ministry. God doesn’t use the things we do to develop us, he uses the things that distract us from what we do. It’s not so much the destination that matters, but the interruptions.” Gloria Geto

These interruptions are the crazy moments, when things just don’t seem to be working well for us. When we find ourselves at crossroads in our lives, asking where to go next. It is only when we look back, that we see how faithful God has been in our journey with Him.

I have often found that when I’m passing through difficult times, that this is when God is working out his purpose for my life. In these times, it is reassuring to hear him remind me to keep trusting him, “Be still and know that I am God; I will uphold you”. Often these times becoming transforming moments giving me the opportunity to reflect and appreciate what I have, what God has given me.

God uses these times of lack, needs or trouble for our good. When we look at things through his eyes, we gain a new perspective, which makes us want to praise him despite our difficulties. Just remember that God is working out his purpose for you and he will always be there for you. God says, “I will never leave you nor forsake you”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment